P3O® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices)
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) is a Best Management Practice certification and is aligned to PRINCE® 2, MSP®, and M_o_R®. P3O® brings together in one place a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management through enablement, challenge and support structures.
The purpose of the Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3Os®) guidance is to provide universally applicable guidance that will enable individuals and organizations to successfully establish, develop and maintain appropriate business support structures that will allow:
- Informed senior management decision making on strategic alignment, prioritization, risk management, optimization of resource etc to successfully deliver their business objectives (portfolio management)
- Identification and realization of business outcomes and benefits via programmes
- Successful delivery of project outputs that enable benefits within time, cost and quality restraints.
P3O® Certification Roadmap:
The P3O® Qualification Scheme has been developed to offer a tiered examination structure with basically two levels of qualification:
P3O® Benefits :
Benefits for Individuals:
Improve organizational accountability, decision making, transparency and visibility.
- Ensure consistent delivery of projects and programmes and meet business objectives through effect use of resources.
- Develop capability, capacity and risk models to suit the organizational maturity culture.
- Help identify potential opportunities to be realized, exploited or enhanced as part of risk analysis.
- Ensure that the strategies and performance requirements of your organization are realized via projects, programmes and operational business units.
Benefits for Organizations:
- Establish, develop and maintain appropriate support structures to facilitate decision making, benefits realization and successful delivery of projects and programmes.
- Assure that a joined-up set of outcomes and benefits is measured, managed, monitored and refined to ensure that optimal investment and strategic goals are achieved.
- Deliver strategy, reduce benefits loss and deliver programmes and projects more effectively.
- Provide assurance, coaching and mentoring to build a workforce capable of first-class programme and project delivery.
- Protect revenue and spend while enhancing value for money.